Thursday 20 October 2016

Autumn Sunrise over Dartmoor

What a beautiful morning today.  There was mist in the valleys and clear skies above.  A quick jaunt up Pork Hill to Cox Tor car park and I couldn't help myself; I had to stop and take a photograph of the dawn over Tavistock.  I wasn't the only one.  A fellow photographer was just finishing before going on his way.  We exchanged nods and smiles; words unnecessary.

Great Mis Tor was showing off as usual, drying out in the low sun and throwing a huge shadow over the Staple Tors.

Having a wilderness on your doorstep is such  a privilege.



Dawn over Tavistock from Pork Hill


Sunrise over North Hessary Tor and Mast


Mistor Pan Rock Basin - Royal Forest Boundary Marker on Great Mis Tor

Dartmoor Abstract - land and clouds reflect - or is it just me?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do leave a comment; it's always nice to know someone's out there.