Sunday 29 July 2012

The best of the Opening Ceremony - London 2012 Olympics

The best of the Opening Ceremony - London 2012 Olympics


Watched it all from start to finish.  Had to endure some sniggers early on from those around me at the dancing victorians.  But,  what a show.  It was absolutely incredible and just got better and better culminating in the most awe inspiring flame lighting I could ever imagine.

The petals rising up to form the cauldron had me speechless.  I also LOVED the music - the Sex Pistols and  the Prodigy with punks on pogo legs, brilliant.

The web, social media, modern multi-cultural society shown in a way that assumes its own culture.

I think those in the USA who have been a little negative just don't get multi-culturalism.  How ironic is that?

SO proud to be British.  In awe of Danny Boyle.  Still thinking about it days later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do leave a comment; it's always nice to know someone's out there.